Monday, March 9, 2020

Project 2 & response question






1. In what way did you change your process to make a piece that was site specific? 

This aspect of the project was very challenging for me. I had multiple different idea in different settings and on different sites. In the end I did decide to put it on my fan, and had to change the sizing to make sure that the moon phases would fit on each of the spokes at their largest width. 

2. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? If you did not feel challenged is there something you would do differently if you were to do it again?

Although my design, technically, was not very challenging, but very easy to create, I felt challenged in the other aspects. Conceptually this was difficult for me because I was trying to think of cool things that could work on my fan but nothing felt as interesting as having the moons on each spoke. Creatively, I brainstormed different areas in my house with I could do a piece but since I liked the element of movement so much I though that it would be cool to do something on my fan. 

3. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough?

in completing this piece, the actual installing portion of it was challenging for me. But that also could be because of my location and object that I pit them on. 

4. Reflect on the critique and consider how your experience was different from the first: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. 

There honestly wasn't much said during my critique because My piece wasn't hard to figure out, nor did I have a super deep meaning behind it. But from the feedback that I did receive, I agree with. I am happy with the piece, but as people mentioned I should have changed up the directions of the crescent moons, I feel that would make my piece stronger. 

5. Please share any other thoughts.

I was very happy with my feedback, and I appreciated the compliments and constructive criticism. 

2 comments:

  1. (Commenting on this because I missed the last critique)

    This piece is one of my favorites. I love the thought put into this- especially because you had to make multiple vinyl prints/designs for this AND also reach up and paste these on a high surface. I could see this as a super cute bedroom decoration that I wouldn't take down for a LONG time and I quickly read it as phases of the moon. I love the neat contrast that makes the design very clear. Super cool and aesthetically pleasing.
    -Cerena

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece seems to act as a lovely decoration for a room, brightening up and personalizing a plain ceiling fan. I love the placement of one moon phase on each blade of the fan. I wish this piece interacted more with the way the fan moves; I think it would be cool if the sticker "blended" together to create something new when the fan gets moving quickly. All in all though, I would love these on my fan at home, great work!

    ReplyDelete